Our guest for Episode #8 of the Boulder Tech Podcast is Beth Hartman. Beth works at the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) as Project Manager for the Incubatenergy Network, an initiative funded by the Department of Energy to strengthen connections between clean energy innovators around the country. We talk about:
- new developments in energy technology
- factors affecting the transition from fossil fuel-based energy to renewables
- energy access for underserved populations
- the state of the grid in the US
- nuclear power’s role in our energy future
- the good things about Boulder’s energy approach – and what we can do to improve it
Follow the latest from Incubate Energy at @incubatenergy and EPRI at @EPRINews.
Episode #8 of the Boulder Tech Podcast is presented by Boulder StartUp Week Finance track sponsor, BSW Wealth Partners
The Boulder Tech podcast is presented by Honey. joinhoney.com
The program is also made possible in part by Boulder StartUp Week platinum sponsors Matter, Zayo, Google and Boulder Engineering Studio.
We’re also presented by Glider, a Colorado-based Community movement and non-profit that produces Boulder’s Ignite and TedX events, as well as Boulder Startup Week. Learn more and consider a donation at glider.com
Thanks to dojo4 for providing space for our podcast studio, and to KGNU Community Radio for the recording gear.
Our intro music is by Eccodek.
Our outro music is by EarthRise SoundSystem.
The Boulder Tech Podcast is produced by Joel Davis. Your feedback, criticisms and comments are welcome.