Our guest for episode #33 is Jeremy Fields, Front End Development Director at Viget, a design agency dedicated to building a better digital world.
Jeremy and I talk about:
- How the fast-paced world of web design isn’t really so fast-paced.
- Why and how he set about instilling accessibility in design into Viget’s company culture
- The tradeoffs involved in balancing good design with accessibility (spoiler: there don’t have to be many, if any)
- Why accessibility should be taken into account even when it’s not specifically required or requested by the client
- The common design/front end function whose demise Jeremy most looks forward to
The Boulder Tech Podcast is presented by iolo.com, developers of the award-winning software suite System Mechanic, which repairs, optimizes, and protects Windows PCs. With a global sales presence in 33 countries and products in 11 languages, tens of millions of people have used iolo’s products for their PC optimization, security, and data recovery needs since 1998. Today, iolo is widely recognized by both consumers and industry experts as a worldwide leader in the system utility software market.
iolo is offering all Boulder Tech Podcast listeners a 60% discount off either Phoenix 360, System Mechanic Pro, or System Mechanic through the coupon code: BOULDERTECHPODCAST. Simply go to iolo.com, decide which product works best for you, and enter the coupon code BOULDERTECHPODCAST at checkout. The 60% discount will be automatically applied to your order.
The Boulder Tech Podcast is made possible in part by Glider, a Colorado-based Community movement and non-profit that produces Boulder’s Ignite and TedX events, as well as Boulder Startup Week. Learn more and consider a donation at glider.com
The Boulder Tech Podcast is produced by Joel Davis. Your feedback, criticisms and comments are welcome. Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for listening.