Our guest for Episode #26 is Becks Boone, Robot Developer at Boulder Food Rescue, and a software engineer with a focus on civic technology.
Becks and I discuss an array of topics, among them:
- their perception of the USA from an American born and growing up on foreign soil, vs their actual experience upon arriving here at age 18
- working with the City of Boulder on behalf of Code For America
- the experience of a female-bodied person working in tech
- thoughts on whether technology has a responsibility to culture and society
- and the intersection of shared ownership, social justice and tech
Follow Becks on Twitter @boonrs.
NOTE: This episode is marked explicit due to one or two highly contextual uses of the “F” word.
The Boulder Tech Podcast is presented by Bonusly: a fun, personal recognition and rewards program that enriches company culture and improves employee engagement.
Used by thousands of companies, Bonusly integrates with popular collaboration tools like Slack and Zappier, as well as HR software like ADP and BambooHR.
Bonusly is proudly made right here in Boulder, Colorado.
Learn more about employee recognition and try Bonusly free for two months at Bonus.ly/bouldertech.
The Boulder Tech Podcast is also made possible in part by Glider, a Colorado-based Community movement and non-profit that produces Boulder’s Ignite and TedX events, as well as Boulder Startup Week. Learn more and consider a donation at glider.com
The Boulder Tech Podcast is produced by me, Joel Davis. Your feedback, criticisms and comments are welcome. Reach me at email@example.com
Thank you for listening.